Saturday, May 26, 2012

Europe

The last post never got the pictures I planned to insert, the photographs not having turned out to my standards. I include it though for the sake of clarity
We made it to the Netherlands fine yesterday. I am up early with the birds giving their peaceful morning concert between 4 and 5 am. Why? Just making the best of jet lag!
We had a very enjoyable first day in company with my brother and his family and a dear cousin. The weather was warm for here 26 C. It felt nice even a little cool to us used to the Texas heat. My son Gerald is enjoying being back in Europe after 10 years. It is fun to watch him taking it all in and making his debut in speaking Dutch. He was very impressed with the old, tall trees.

This is one of my new landscapes in oil. It  represents the Texas Hill Country in early spring, just before the wildflowers in fact.  



No comments:

Post a Comment