Thursday, October 17, 2013

New Mexico

We had a very nice trip (just too short) and I got to paint 3 watercolors on location. We spent a day in Albuquerque where I explored a few galleries, including Purple Sage with beautiful "plein air" (= on location) pastels and oils, and we visited old town. We spent a whole day at Ghost Ranch. I got to paint my 2 watercolors there. It was the coldest day of our trip and, coming from the heat in Texas, my hands got numb and I froze while painting when the seat I had chosen moved from sun and shadow to just shadow. I painted the second painting in the car, because I was just too cold.
We had 2 days in Santa Fe, where we met dear friends and saw the cathedral and the miraculous staircase and a little of Old Town and explored as many galleries as we could on Canyon Road. The last day we went back to Old Town Albuquerque after I painted the view from the hotel early in the morning. On the road we saw the fairyland of Sonora Caverns and stopped at the wonderful museum in Pecos.

No comments:

Post a Comment