Monday, December 2, 2013

Dec 2013, portrait comparaison


 As some of you know, I was asked to paint the same picture twice. The first one was for Justin (yellow background), the second one for his little sister (pink background). I did not look at what I had painted the first time and started from scratch for the second portrait never comparing with the first one till, at the very end, Justin pointed out a problem and showed me photographs of the painting he had at home. My goal in not comparing them was to make two very different paintings. If I ever find myself in this situation again, I will probably start comparing earlier. Yes, Phyllis, I find (like you do) that I can see errors better in a photograph of the painting than the painting itself.
I find it interesting to compare the faces. Enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment