Friday, December 10, 2021

   Happy Holidays, including a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 
   My blog is overdue, I know. The translation is done, the editing is nearing the end. 
For several months this Canigou landscape was all I worked on. Simplifying was my challenge and making it my own. It was a rewarding commission. My husband's enthusiasm did help me along the way.

Canigou from Castelnou, oil, 16x20"

Misty Mondriaan Morning is about peaceful grooming in the early morning sunlight.
 

Misty Mondriaan Morning, watercolor, 12x14"


The following three were painted at Jim McDonald's inspiring workshop this fall, which was all about painting a haiku instead of a Michener novel. 


Dream, Dream, Dream, oil, 12x12"

Storm on the Mesa, oil, 9x12"

They are Leaving, oil, 9x12"


In the last two paintings I was trying different techniques and working from memory. Living by the Lake was inspired by views from a friend's home by a beautiful pond, whereas Prickly Poppies was inspired by The Professor's House by Willa Cather. 

Living by the Lake, oil, 9x12"

Prickly Poppies Dream of Ancient Villages, oil, 10x14"





No comments:

Post a Comment