Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fiesta 2013 is starting this week

The Photograph
 My latest work is a Maple tree from Connecticut in its full autumn glory. Not having been on the East coast ever, much less during fall, I lacked a direct connection to my subject, but Anna told about her trip and showed us her pictures then she gracefully lent me one of them and Jolanda who had ordered the watercolor, assisted me with her experience and counsel. (She is Dutch like myself and has lived in Connecticut.) I wanted to share some of the process with you, sorry I didn't take another picture early on. The watercolors are actually brighter than can be seen here. Jolanda and I are happy with the result and I am looking forward to one day seeing the fall glory for myself.
First Quick Sketch
 Starting this Friday April 19th, I will be on Alamo Plaza for 6 days, Friday through Wednesday, with the Randolph Art League, provided there is no heavy rain. Fiesta is a joyful happening in San Antonio and usually we meet nice visitors from all over the United States, Canada, South and Central America and Europe. This year, I will be selling cards and prints of my work. Look for my table under the trees.

Almost There
Finished
 















  Some of my original watercolor work can be seen in Seguin, TX at the Seguin Oakwood Art League, www.seguinoakwoodartleague.com has pictures of the watercolor reception. In San Antonio my Native American art is for sale at the Viva Bookstore (www. vivabooks.com), in the library of the Emily Morgan Hotel downtown www.emilymorganhotel.com, at Arthritis Associates at 4511 Horizon Hill 78229 and soon at the River Art Group Gallery in La Villita.

No comments:

Post a Comment